Tuesday, October 6, 2009

30 Calorie Peanut Butter Oat Cookies

These are an easy and delicious night time snack with no guilt. I whip em up when I have a sweet tooth and they're ready before you know it! Only 10 minutes! Try em now!!

Makes Aprox. 1 Dozen Depending on the size you make the cookie :D
Ingredients
1/2 cup plain quick-cooking rolled oats
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup applesauce
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup egg whites
1/2 cup sugar substitute of your choice

Directions
Preheat oven to 375˚F. Microwave Peanut Butter for 1 minute until smooth. Meanwhile, combine quick cooking rolled oats, wheat germ, egg whites, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, chocolate chips and applesauce in a large bowl. Mix then add in to the sauce pan with the Peanut butter. Drop onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes until golden. Cool and ENJOY!

11 comments:

  1. If I use Agave syrup or stevia powder as a sweetner do you know how much of either one I would use? I have never baked with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. does that mean I can eat 2 ... or 3? They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nothing i love more than guilt free cookies (what happy irony!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. is that reeeeallly a 1/2 CUP. i repeat, 1/2 CUP!! of baking powder?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This cookie looks delish.

    I'm going to give it a

    try and report back.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha suuchh a typo youre right "Anonymous" its a teaspoon. no harm- still delish!! :D Happy baking everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I better not ever get around to making these. I might eat like, 80 of them and then try to justify it by saying "their only 30 calories a cookie! it's all good!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. how many servings does it make?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just edited the post... It really depends on the size you make them. about 1 dozen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. anything i can use to substitute for wheat germ?

    ReplyDelete
  11. ill tell you if you tell me who you are:D haha

    sub for anything really... you could use bran, oat flour or whole wheat flour. I just like wheat germ cause it add body to the texture... experiment and let me know what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...